What happens when a Quiniela game is suspended or postponed?
On some occasions it may happen that a soccer game that is part of the Quiniela day is suspended.
La Quiniela is the favorite lottery game of soccer fans. It is the only lottery game whose outcome does not depend on a draw, but on the prediction of the outcome of the 15 matches that are bet on each day. But... What happens if a La Quiniela game is cancelled, who determines the winner, and how are the results of La Quiniela? Don't worry, below, we are going to clear up all the doubts you may have.
The most common reason for not being able to hold a soccer match are force majeure causes, these can range from meteorological circumstances to strikes or epidemics, as we have seen recently with the suspension of the Football League due to the COVID-19.
On occasions, matches have also been suspended due to the poor state of the pitch, the impossibility of guaranteeing the safety of the public or the players, the numerical inferiority of some of the teams, and even some matches have been suspended due to bereavement.
In some of the occasions we have mentioned, the match is postponed and held on another date, however, this is not valid for the purposes of the Quiniela because, being a lottery game, it is necessary to know the result within a certain period of time.
Therefore, what happens when a La Quiniela game is suspended or postponed is included in the rules of this lottery game and there can be two different cases:
- If the postponement has been decided before 00:00 hours on Thursday of the week prior to the date of the matchday, the match will be substituted by another match on the La Quiniela ticket.
- If the match is postponed or suspended without notice and the match cannot be played within 24 hours of the matchday date, it will be considered void for the purposes of La Quiniela and the result will be decided by drawing lots.
In order to carry out the drawing, balls of three colors are introduced into the drum, similar to other lottery games: red, equivalent to the sign 1 of the La Quiniela ticket, blue, equivalent to the X and yellow, equivalent to the number 2 of La Quiniela. To select the number of balls of each color, the Loterías y Apuestas statistics are taken into account. This means that if once all the bets have been received, for example for game 1 the players have chosen:
- - 1: 70% of bets. In the draw 70 balls with 1 will be used for this match.
- - X: 20% of bets. 20 balls with the X will be used in the draw for this match.
- - 2: 10% of bets. In the draw 10 balls with the 2 will be used for this match.
This will be done with each of the matches, taking into account that for the Full 15 the percentages are distributed among the 4 possibilities of each team (0, 1, 2, M).
The Quiniela statistics can be consulted at any time in the Loterías y Apuestas website and also in our Quiniela ticket:
The statistics are updated daily.
For this day no match has been postponed, but if you decide to play La Quiniela on a day in which any of the matches have been postponed or suspended, you know how the result is decided :) In general, the results are usually very close to the results that would occur in the real matches.